Sunday, January 4, 2015

Aioli-Glazed Charred Broccoli

This IS the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Happy New Year and what not. We have a quicky today, because I feel unworthy of keeping this glory to myself any longer.

Resources:
1/2 cup mayonnaise (1/3 cup*)
1.5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (1 tablespoon*)
1 tablespoon lemon juice (2 teaspoons*)
1 small garlic clove, finely grated
Salt
Pepper
2 medium to small heads, cut into florets

Method:
Preheat the broiler and position a rack 8 inches from the heat. In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic and season generously with salt and pepper. Add the broccoli florets and toss to coat.

Spread the broccoli on a large rimmed baking sheet and broil for about 6-9 minutes, until lightly charred and the edges are crisp. Serve right away.

Commentary:


* - You will notice I have two measurements. The original recipe is for three heads. Well thanks F&W, real helpful since my grocery sells in bundles of two. Anyway use the first. If that is too saucy (as the wifey informed me it was) use the second batch. While I will agree with her the first batch I made was a bit overly saucy, the second batch had a quarter or so of the pieces with way too little sauce. If I find a happy medium I will let you guys know.

PS, sorry about the funny text formatting. Blogger.com does not like me today.

Two heads are better than three?

Conclusion:


Holy moly, EPIC! I have already made it twice and I will make it again MANY times... including most likely tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment